Freitag, 10. September 2010

my own unplugging experience

hey everybody,

havn't been writing a few days..
yesterday i was pretty motivated, i turned on the computer..and then the shock: internet does not work!! oO
of course i tried everything, but it was impossible for me to get a connection.
quite a problem, because not only this blog, but all of our assignments for the study require net-access..
after trying for like an hour i decided to give up (i had heavy headaches the last days, and was therefore in a bad mood - usually giving up is not an option at all) . so i sat in our flat, thinking about what to do. my roommates had already left to visit their families over the weekend, so i was alone, i do not own a television (i don't like to watch tv cause of stupid programms all the time and way too much advertisement), and i'm working with my father's netbook currently (waiting for my brand new mac book pro <3) , so i don't have any of my data in gronau. everything i would usually do depends in the internet. you don't really realize that until the connection is gone. it's not possible to chat a little with your friends, i can't even listen to music without youtube -.- felt really reminded of the people we saw in the 'unplugged'- videos.
and just like them, even after a few hours i felt kind of relaxed. i turned on the radio, started to cook just for myself for the first time, did my laundry and other stuff i didn't have /take the time to do. i read further in my current book.
of course i felt guilty because i didn't do anything for university.. - but these headaches!! - well, since i had no opportunity to look further, i finally decided which photo to choose for the graphic design assignment and phrased some of my ideas how to adapt it - on paper.
i always feel that i'm more creative formulating stuff by hand than with a keyboard, so in the end, iwas pretty satisfied. i'm gonna post my photo and the adapted version here when i'm done with that assignment.
afterwards, since the headaches just weren't going away, i went to bed really early, and slept over 11 hours ..well, seemed to be necessary, i'm feeling so much better today :)

today i'm gonna ride home, and i still have to pack my bag etc., so i wish you a nice weekend, i'm out now.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen